Monday 5 January 2009

Railroad man


Back at work today and the train was packed, I'd got used to the quiet period over Christmas when it felt like it was just me and the strange old lady who dresses too young on the train. My Ipod had to be at higher volume and I amused myself with wondering how my inevitable neighbour was going to sit next me. Will it be the sideways sit or the hang one cheek over the edge, only time would tell. It was the sideways seatwith his back to me, why do we have so many issues sitting next to strangers, I don't want a cuddle but sitting with your back to me is just rude.

Much quieter on the way home, I finish earlier than the city crowd. I had to run for the train as I clocked out later than usual. The xmas period has honed my physical state to perfection and after a brief sprint I had to physically stop myself from being sick. In my haste I had left my book in the office so contented myself looking out over the wintry landscape, hope it snows again tonight.

No comments: