Tuesday 3 March 2009

Lets get lost

My evening started like this-build a book case, carry on with sorting out the back room. All these went OK, the book case was an Ikea one that had been in the loft and granted there are a few bits missing but its solid enough for the return of the exiled CD's from the loft. There is an old windows computer which I will store for D for when he's a bit older. There is about 80gb of Mp3's on there including some stuff I've recorded. First I'll clear the portable hard drive, get what want then store th PC in the loft.

So far so boring and humdrum, when I started clearing the hard drive I deleted some old acid loops I'd downloaded, the trouble started then. The files were locked and I couldn't empty the trash there they were about two thousand files in about 2 hundred folders, I started fucking about trying to drag them out of the trash and before I knew it I'd got about 5 thousand locked files that I couldn't get rid of. Pulling my hair out and swearing brought Shelley in, she had a go and then we had about 8 thousand wav files, locked and refusing to go. They were multiplying faster than wet Mogwais, why can't you delete files from your own system even if you put the files on there and didn't lock them in the first place. That'll teach me to download illegal loops.

I fixed it eventually, a few Mac forums go a long way.

locked_files

No comments: