Wednesday 2 January 2013

Bill Hicks Tattoo

I never posted this at the time but I finally got my Bill Hicks tattoo in September 2012. It was done at Dark Poetry Tattoo in Ramsbottom by fellow Bill Hicks fan Sween. Here is the finished article, it took nearly five hours and I was walking with a limp for a week and a half:


So for those interested I took a few pictures as the tattoo developed to show the evolution of the portrait. Here is two hours in with the original picture.


I think this shows the level of work required to develop the portrait from the outline of the transfer.


Getting close to finishing here. After starting from the bottom and working up for four hours Sween went back over the areas that were tattooed four hours previously. There is no shame in saying this hurt like a bastard.


Remember Guys and Gals, it's just a (painful) ride!


No comments: