Sunday 11 January 2009

Trapped under ice

dsc00815-pola011

I went to Stalybridge yesterday for a few bits after dropping the kids off and noticed the canal had frozen over. It would have been a little bit nicer if the night community of Stalybridge hadn't felt the need to smash a load of shit all over it and add a few traffic cones. I feel sad sometimes when I walk through my old town and see what happens when the Council gives permission to open about a hundred pubs in one town centre. The droves come in at the weekend form the surrounding areas and piss and puke all over the place and then go home to their nicely presented town centres. The sculpture in the background is fairly new. Not so keen on it myself, I am a big fan of B of the Bang at Eastlands though, probably one of the few in the city.

I have continued the trend of passing all my crappy camera phone pics through the fantastic poladroid app. I think you can get it for windows now too, I'll add alink tot he sidebar later.

Also a big thanks you to Shelley who has provided me this weekend with a lovely new blog design and I have switched to wordpress from blogger. It's like swithcing to a mac from windows.

No comments: