Friday 30 January 2009

Totally random man

I have finally got my ipod 'scrobbling' to last fm and my itunes library uploaded. It makes for sometimes fascinating and sometimes embarrassing reading. I tend to listen to my ipod on random going to and from work. I can't be bothered to choose an album to listen to out of a 30gb ipod. Apparently though I have listened now to almost 6000 songs since May last year and thats just on my ipod and doesn't include the radio at work. Thats a lot of music.

The stats for my listening habits are baffling and when they are written down on paper they are quite frightening and a little obsessive.



So being around by the lemonheads is the top track with 16 listens. Now I have nothing against the track but I wouldn't have listened to it 16 times, that is my ipod on random, touch me I'm sick is easy because it's D's favourite so he has it on in the car all the time, the others I probably chose. Its not very random though is it to play a song 16 times when on shuffle. Or is it? Is that the whole idea of randomness, if every track was played equally that wouldn't be random either would it. Maybe I am just looking into it too much.

No comments: