Friday 10 October 2008

On my radio

Its a Friday, the first post of October I see. Or is that Rocktober as Rock Radio keep caling it. I was genuinely pleased when Manchester had its very own classic rock station. At least I would have something to listen to in the car if I forgot my Ipod. The problem is the same as all radio staions at the moment and thats the playlist is on constantly, there is only so many times you can listen to Guns'n'roses - child o mine. I didn't even think it was one o fthe strongest songs on the album when I bought it in 1988! My spiritual home 6 music is going down the pan too. Not only have I endured that cretin George Lamb all year, they have now reshuffled the weekend and got rid of popular DJ's to try and reach the Yoof market. The trouble is Yoof aren't up at 0800 on a Saturday and Sunday it'sthirty something Mums and Dads that were listening then and just wanted something to drown out the noise of the playstation in the background. Speaking of 6 music the anti George Lamb rant on teh 6music feedback board is now at nearly 6000. Also teh petition to get him off 6 music is at over 4000. If you think its uncalled for search for is Ray Davies interview on youtube.
board

No comments: