Thursday 15 January 2009

Hospital food

[gallery]

There is only one service in the country that can have you sat there waiting for 2 and a  half hours after your appointment and deem it to be acceptable. I had an appointment today at Wythenshawe Hospital, apparently the consultant hadn't turned up that morning for the clinic and they were running behind a bit (2 1/2 hours). The trouble is, they have you over a barrel, I've waited 6 fucking months for an appointment, I can't walk out now, nobody at the hospital will be bothered. The only person who will be inconvenienced by me throwing my teddies out of the pram and storming out would be me.

So I stayed.

I finished my book

I waited a bit longer.

Finally I was seen for a grand total of 2 and half minutes. They cut me open in around three months. (I won't go into detail because its quite boring rather than private and its only an outpatient op)

No comments: