Wednesday 21 January 2009

Christ for president/metal health

president-barack-obama-me-001

If one more news person says historic, momentous or extraordinary in regard to Barrack Obama one more time...well I won't do anything obviously. In the age of 24 hour news coverage and news channels there has arose the need for people whose skills are based on endless waffle and repeated phrases for hours on end until something actually interesting happens. It make genuinely awe inspiring moments and defining news events less interesting than celebrity big brother. Lets go back to ordinary news, lets hear the news after its happened without the build up. On these steps Barrack Obama is expected to make....In two hours there will be.....This is mic that in three days will speak the hopes of a nation....This toilet will collect the first bowel movement of the first African American president....blah blah blah.

I wish all the best to all the Americans who have gotten rid of an idiot warmonger and I hope Obama delivers on his promises of change I really do. In the UK we will remain a little sceptical, we did after all vote in Tony Blair and New Labour on similar promises and look how that's turning out.

wrestler-337x500

I spent this historic and momentous day going to see Darren Aronofsky's The Wrestler starring Mickey Rourke. A truly bleak and depressing film that affected me deeply. I urge anyone to go and see it. Mickey Rourke is outstanding and the ensemble of burnt out wrestlers knocking each other around the ring for the amusement and entertainment of the baying crowd was an uncomfortable watch. It's interesting that I have heard different interpretations of this film from papers such as 'the wrestling rocky' or a 'bit like champ', unfair and pretty ignorant comments I think. The Wrestler is a unique story and one that will go on to be a classic.

No comments: