Thursday 15 January 2009

Assault on precinct 13

aop13cov1

I picked this up in the second hand DVD shop the other day and was very pleased with myself. Its remastered and restored which I'll be honest I often believe is just repackaged. It looked fantastic on our new TV and sound system played out what has got to be the coolest, most menacing soundtrack to a film ever. I think you can get an official version of the soundtrack now whereas before it was just a bootleg copy which I had.

I love this film, I love the fact there are no famous acotrs in it, I love the cheesy dialogue an dI love the suspense John Carpenter creates on tight budget. The scene where the little girl gets shot at the ice cream van still shocks and Austin Stoker still rocks as the new Lt on his first night. There is some ropey acting form a few of the cast but all in all its a classic.

a13-se_shot2l1

105537__assault_l1

No comments: