Friday 4 February 2011

10 O'clock live

 


I think after 3 weeks on the air, 10 o'clock live is finding it's feet and evolving into what I hoped it would be. I had a lot of respect for the crew of Charlie Brooker, Lauren Laverne and David Mitchell. Jimmy Carr I could take or leave but I understand he would bring an audience that wouldn't normally tune in and although his stand up intros have been a bit hit and miss they are always bang up to date. The first episode seemed a bit rushed and didn't flow very well but it's got better and I thought last nights show worked pretty well. David Mitchells interviews are great and Caroline Lucas MP last night was a great choice. Charlie Brooker's rants are always funnier on screen than on paper and although he's a lot more popular now than his Screenwipe days of shouting at the telly in his cluttered flat, the fire is still there. Lauren Laverne is great too, she appears the professional one who ties everything together. Lets hope it's given the time to develop. 


 



No comments: